Healthcare costs are rising dramatically in part due to reform mandates. Providers struggle to keep pace in the face of declining reimbursement from government and private payers. Physicians, community hospitals and academic medical centers can look to IT services to improve efficiency. There is an opportunity to achieve this mission through information technology. However, some systems can end up cumbersome and increase work load. We offer innovative approaches to delivering care while effectively managing the administrative and ancillary costs and improve efficiency. Infotek offers software and IT solutions that are affordable to large and small facilities, alike.
The following are the INFOTEK services that will accelerate your practice potential:
Medical Record Clients and Storage
- – INFOTEK can perform an assessment of the medical record systems to improve integration with other clinical systems, e.g., RIS or PACS, billing system, and to ensure the facility earns incentives, or avoids penalties in the future. If appropriate, we will recommend an Electronic Medical Record System (EMR).
Practice Management System
- – INFOTEK combines the advantages of EMR software with practice management operations, including insurance verification, registration, appointment scheduling, procedure scheduling, check-out process, which is fully integrated with the billing and collection module.
- – INFOTEK can perform an audit to ensure compliance with billing, confidentiality and security regulations. As a by-product, we assess internal controls to safeguard your assets, review procurement of supplies for price, service and quality.
- – INFOTEK approaches each practice or institution with flexibility and a customized review to improve the efficiency of patient access, coordination of patient care, and integration of these important activities with the revenue cycle to collect the maximum appropriate amount of revenue.
- – INFOTEK can perform an audit of payments made by insurance carriers to assess compliance with contracted rates or other measures to evaluate underpayments. Underpayments may be recovered retrospectively and prospectively.
Billing and Cash flow Review
- – In addition to contract/payment review, INFOTEK will examine Profit & Loss statements, cash flows, and budget. If appropriate, INFOTEK will prepare Budgets and Cash Flows for the Practice or Institution.
- – INFOTEK will assess your market and the target demand for your service area. We will also train representatives to market the value and quality of your clinical services.
- – INFOTEK can improve employee performance based on observations made during our engagement. Resolving conflicts and improving performance have been a successful part of our service.
- – Based on the outcome of the engagement with INFOTEK , we will coordinate the implementation of software and systems, and other third parties, as needed.
Data Mining and Reporting
- – Subsequent to the engagement, INFOTEK will track progress of the implementation of solutions, including patient efficiency, revenue cycle management, EMR and Patient Management Systems, coupled with an analysis of financial performance.
Peer Review Services
- – We can provide JCO mandated quality assurance through peer review and other quality initiatives
Vender Neutral Archive
- –INFOTEK provides software and related support that complies with federal regulations to enable the Practice or Institution to achieve incentives and avoid future penalties for noncompliance. Infotek supports Vender Neutral Archives (VNA). VNA solves a number of issues when your system needs to be updated and allows the end user to choose their own front end.
INFOTEK is a Global Web Based Medical Image Exchange service. INFOTEK allows people to to archive and share medical images in a way that is practical, safe and easy to use. INFOTEK is a Cloud Service for all your EMR and Medical Imaging needs. It combines the best technologies from Diagnostic Medical Imaging with the best of breed innovations from Web 2.0 and Social Media.
INFOTEK offers easy to use HIPPA compliant web based tools that can be used to acquire, store, view, and share Medical Images Online. With our web based platform we allow Patients, Professionals and Corporations to have secure access to these images. INFOTEK’ empowers better patient care and outcomes by bringing people together. Infotek offers software and IT solutions that are affordable to large and small facilities, alike.
- Patients will have instant access to images. There are no more pesky DVD’s — or worse, “film” — to carry around in the back of a car. Patients can now share their images with their doctors as easily as sending email.
- Doctors, Radiologists and Tele-radiology service providers can now use a ubiquitous and omnipresent interface that not only standardizes how they work but also allows them to offer extended value added services.
- Imaging Centers and Hospitals can do away with their film and go digital with no upfront costs, no difficult-to-learn Information Technology(IT) knowledge and no complex, expensive equipment.
- The ultimate breakthrough is that INFOTEK enables Companies that produce Medical Images to share information with Patients and Professionals in a new way — one that is easy, intuitive and precise! Patients can find doctors and get second opinions online.
Site Operations Assessment & Planning
A PACS deployment in radiology, integration with HIS/RIS information systems enabling image distribution throughout the healthcare enterprise. But where should you start?
Phase I. Site Operations Assessment & Analysis.
- Develop a current workflow map, film storage and image distribution mapping for radiology and throughout the healthcare enterprise.
- Develop clinical information maps, determine critical enterprise information needs and make recommendations for effective information flow.
- Quantify costs; identify inefficiencies, communication and workflow breakdowns.
- Show how electronic re-engineering of radiology will help.
Phase II. Cost Benefit & Justification Based on Analysis.
- Develop cost analysis for direct and indirect costs.
- Development of benefits scenarios.
- Increases in production capacity.
- Increases in billing and revenue capture.
- Re-engineering and work process improvements.
- Impact to clinical care enterprise wide.
Phase III. Proforma Modeling.
- Development of information based decision-making models.
- Development of financial scenarios for optimal deployment and payback.
Pre-Deployment Project Planning
Managing a PACS /EMR project from inception through implementation is an overwhelming undertaking for any institution. Working with the proven methodology and assessment techniques of INFOTEK will help to ensure that your institution delivers the most cost-effective program for a successful project.
INFOTEK Consulting will spend the time to understand your institution’s needs and develop a customized approach all based on your specific needs and particular challenges. The program outline below provides an easy to understand approach to developing a complete plan and implementation strategy that delivers results.
Phase I. Needs Assessment & Objectives Development.
- Identification assessment and integration of a healthcare institution’s short- and long-term needs.
- Clearly articulated set of objectives and goals for the PACS /EMR Program.
- Ensure the operational and clinical goals of radiology will integrate with those of the clinical clients of radiology.
- Make provisions for time frames and informational needs of the institution.
Phase II. Operational Analysis & Cost Assessment.
- Site Analysis
- Develop a current workflow map, film storage and image distribution mapping for radiology and throughout the healthcare enterprise.
- Develop clinical information maps and determine critical enterprise information needs to make recommendations for effective information flow.
- Quantify costs; identify inefficiencies and communication breakdowns.
- Cost and Benefit Analysis
- Proforma Analysis and Justification
Phase III. Radiology and Institutional IT Infrastructure Assessment.
- Network Infrastructure Assessment
- DICOM Modality Analysis
- HIS/RIS/CIS Integration Considerations
- Image Archive Needs, Forecast and Analysis
- Re-engineering enhancements, workflow and throughput Considerations
Phase IV. PACS And IT Requirements Statement.
- Develop Technical Needs
- Project RFP Document Generation
- Vendor Analysis
- Trade-off Analysis
- Acceptance Criteria
Phase V. Implementation Strategy and Deployment.
- Phase Development and Prioritization For Optimized ROI
- Project Deployment Designed to Funding Parameters
- Technical Support Strategy and Implementation
- Technical Specification Married to Technology Availability
- Clinical Practice Deployment Strategy
- Vendor Selection
- Acceptance Testing by Phase
- Re-engineering for Cost Reduction and Efficiency Improvements
RIS CIS PACS Workflow Analysis
Workflow analysis can be an effective tool in deploying new technologies. By facilitating a heightened understanding of the various economical and organizational benefits, workflow analysis allows institutions to capitalize on the efficient use of newly implemented technology.
This technique further results in many ancillary, equally valuable benefits:
- Allows an understanding of the impact of the technology deployment.
- Establishes a “benchmark” via a “snaphot” of the department processes.
- Can be used in order to maximize efficient use of the technology.
- Can be used to measure changes in operating costs.
- Can be used to identify and monitor security of patient information.
In addition to a return on investment (ROI) analysis and continued monitoring, workflow analysis provides a mechanism to gather operational statistics that will serve as a baseline for future evaluations of the impact of such technological implementations as PACS.
Also, workflow charting provides an avenue by which the user may achieve a vital and fundamental understanding of a department’s operations, and, through this unique perspective, may assist in efforts toward improving efficiency in departmental and organization-wide operations and procedures.
INFOTEK Consulting has and will provide the skill sets necessary for flow-charting the work processes (for example, each step that is performed from the time a patient procedure is ordered/scheduled to the time the procedure is completed) within the Radiology/Cardiology department. INFOTEK will also assist to develop the skills (task organization, diagram drawing, process timing, etc.) of department personnel to evaluate and refine processes in the future.
The Workflow services include the following:
- Interview technologists and area supervisors to determine job functionality on a daily basis and to identify differences in methodology between individuals, modalities, and shifts.
- Flow chart workflow processes (all patient movement, clerical tasks, Radiologist/physician work and technologist/modality procedures) and submit to departments for review and adjustments.
- Enter all processes into Visio software program for a concise visual layout of workflow to be given to the institution.
- Review all processes to identify existing inefficiencies (inability to retrieve prior films due to misfiling, etc.) prior to new technology application.
- Identify steps of each process that will change or be deleted by PACS implementation.
- Develop and chart post-PACS implementation processes
- INFOTEK can also provide the services of deploying the new processes.
- Yields Technology opportunity
- Identifies inefficiencies of existing processes within the department. This data can be used in the ROI development process.
- Identifies approximate lengths of time for each procedure and what the associated FTE costs are for the procedure.
- Provides a tool to be utilized in Improved Operations Procedure (IOP), required by JCAHO.
RIS CIS PACS RFP Development
Creating a RFP for a RIS, CIS, and/or PACS is a daunting task for any healthcare institution. INFOTEK can custom build and create a RFP based upon your institution’s unique current and future business goals.
INFOTEK develops each client’s individual RFP by understanding some of the following core business metrics:
- Healthcare System Profile
- Corporate business goals for RIS CIS and/or PACS
- Current IT Infrastructure
- Current Business & Clinical Systems Capabilities
- Prospective Vendor Profiles
- Prospective RIS CIS and/or PACS Descriptions and Capabilities
- Vendor Support Details
- Available Industry Technology
INFOTEK has the experience and knowledge to create a custom developed RFP for your healthcare institution. Your institution’s unique RFP will ensure that you thoroughly define your current and future business goals to any prospective vendor. INFOTEK can help simplify the complex RFP process and ensure appropriate results.
Vendor Evaluation & Contract Negotiation
The process of evaluating each prospective vendor’s response to a RFP, vendor selection, and contract negotiations can be very time consuming and frustrating.
INFOTEK can help in one or all of these tasks.
INFOTEK evaluates vendors based upon some of the following metrics:
- Response to the RFP
- RFP scoring
- Site visits
- Technology & System evaluation
- Vendor Selection
INFOTEK assists clients with vendor selection based upon the vendor evaluation and some of the following metrics:
- Vendor support
- System customization
- System reliability
- System upgrades
- Open system architecture
- Adherence to IHE standards and EMR integration
- Contract Negotiation
INFOTEK has the experience and knowledge to negotiate contracts on the client’s behalf.
INFOTEK can assist in contract negotiations with:
- Payment term agreements
- Vendor support agreements
- Vendor payment and/or technology concessions
- System testing and acceptance
- System upgrades
Acceptance Testing & Criteria
The development of Acceptance Testing & Criteria is the single most key component to ensure that the application your institution has implemented will be thoroughly approved for system and clinical wide use.
By thoroughly understanding a client’s specific PACS requirements, or any other application requirements, INFOTEK can assist in the development of fully comprehensive Acceptance Testing & Criteria based upon the vendor’s PACS specifications and an institution’s published RFP requirements.
The metrics that INFOTEK incorporates into Acceptance Testing & criteria include but are not limited to:
- Overall deployment management & implementation services
- Systems Integration
- Modality Integration
- Performance Specifications
- Quality Assurance
- Functional Requirements
- Test Scripting
- Training Requirements
- System Downtime/Uptime requirements & specifications
- Disaster Recovery
- Users, including physicians and clinical staff, of Medical Information Systems will need training in adapting to soft-copy images and reports. Most recently trained physicians and clinical staff are familiar with the EHR. However, there are still many physicians and clinical staff that may resist reading reports and reviewing images on monitors.
- The following requirements apply for IS / EMR / PACS: unlimited concurrent user support, potentially unlimited long-term and on-demand storage capacity, a proven encryption system.
- Suppliers of IS / EMR / PACS are responsible for supporting users in the following methods: 24/7 telephone support, on-site technical assistance within one day, training at installation, remote system monitoring, and remote system updates.
- PACS Suppliers offer many software features that add functionality to the systems. In general, a Picture Archiving and Communication System will better serve the facility when it has more functionality.
- Some of the important PACS software features include 3D analysis, image manipulation of multiple parameters including magnification and window leveling, to fit study and user needs, workstation-independent user log-ins, administrator-controlled work lists, and automatic notification of prior exams.
- A web-based image or report access is another requirement for IS / EMR / PACS, with a variety of image manipulation tools and patient search tools.
- Both lossless and lossy compression of images should be offered. It should have GUI-based tools for patient and hardware management, automatic fail-over of critical components, and a UPS standard power backup.
- If the IS / EMR / PACS system fails, there should be an automatic alert to IT support.
- The database should automatically be backed up at least once an hour .
- These systems should be able to interface with other hospital systems. A system should feature broker less and bi-directional interfacing, year 4 IHE, and report dictation interfacing, and the supplier should guarantee uptime of at least 99%.
- To facilitate future additions to the network, all newly purchased equipment must be compatible with the current version of the DICOM standard.
- Facilities are encouraged to ask DICOM conformance statements from suppliers. These should explain in detail which information objects, service classes, and data encodings are supported by their Image Analysis and Archives systems.
- The fact that a system meets the requirements of DICOM, does not guarantee that the data is indeed stored in DICOM format. It is important to remember that when migrating data to a new Image Analysis and Archives system.
- Before purchasing a PACS system, facilities should ask suppliers about the issues surrounding data migration in the future.
- Buyers should carefully plan the installation of these Image Analysis and Archives systems. Sometimes an entire room may be dedicated to hardware. They should consider airflow and use of floor space and cabling.
See how it works
EMR Software Demo
WHY SHOULD YOUR MEDICAL PRACTICE INSTALL THE EMR/EHR SYSTEM FROM ISSTEK ?
Soaring costs and shrinking insurance reimbursements put a premium on your ability to maintain a practice that not only delivers superior patient care but also runs efficiently and turns a profit. Isstek EHR’s Electronic Medical Records Software allows you to increase the efficiency of the care and service provided to your patients and referring physicians, while reducing the amount of time you need to spend on software time consuming glitches, thereby, giving you more time for your patients and reducing your overall costs and increasing your insurance reimbursement revenues, collections and profits.
Isstek EMR was designed by doctors for doctors. It is an intuitive program that works the way you do. We would be happy to do an in-office demonstration.
Unlike most competitors, we will customize your System to match your existing charts and interface with your Practice Management/Billing programs, picture archiving and communication systems (PACS) , radiology and cardiology information systems (RIS /CVIS) , laboratories, etc.
Installing Isstek EMR will qualify you to receive HITECH Stimulus Package incentives of $44,000-$65,000 from the federal government that will far exceed the entire cost of purchasing, installing, deploying and maintaining our system.
To see our software in action, click on the DEMO button below.
Please use Internet Explorer as a browser to see software presentation
Enter the following information to login into our system: